Friday was the first day of the first-ever Epcot International Festival of the Arts. I didn't really know what to expect when it was first announced, but it has similarities to the former Festival of the Masters that ran for 38 years at Downtown Disney (now Disney Springs). The Epcot festival celebrates art and offers food booths; classes (both free and paid); a Figment scavenger hunt; chalk art; Broadway concerts and more! Due to rain, we didn't see a few things Friday - including the concert - but I'll update this article after our visit on Monday and we will give a full overview on Mousesteps Weekly #214 this week. We experienced a lot of the festival, there is so much to see and do! The Epcot International Festival of the Arts is a weekend event, from Friday - Monday each week and lasts through February 20th, 2017.
Here are some tips on what to see and do!
The hit Disney film Moana will be out on Blu-ray/DVD on March 7th, 2017! We look forward to owning this one. And if you pre-order the Moana combo pack prior to that (until March 6th, 2017) at the Disney Store, you will receive a free lithograph set - while supplies last. You can see the four lithos at the link. They feature baby Moana, adult Moana, Heihei and Pua, and Maui. Any purchase made through Mousesteps does help support us, thank you!
From Disney: Pre-Order Disney Moana Blu-ray Combo Pack by March 6, 2017 and receive an exclusive set of four Lithographs, while supplies last. Each 10'' x 14'' lithograph features a special Disney seal stamped in gold foil.
We stopped by Harmony Barber Shop in the Magic Kingdom yesterday so Jeff could get his hair cut by Michal, and found out that Michal's last day before retiring will be Friday, January 13th, 2017. Not only is it Michal's last day, but it is his only day of work left. Michal has been at the Harmony Barber Shop for 20 years now, and it's always been a pleasure to see him when he's working and to get my hair cut with him on occasion as well. Here are a few photos from yesterday, Michal will be missed at the Magic Kingdom by so many guests!
Disney Springs Photo Update - January 2nd, 2017 w/Planet Hollywood Observatory, The Edison, Paddlefish & More
We were at Disney Springs on New Year's Eve, and took photos of some of the construction and more around Disney Springs. It was a nice, pretty quiet afternoon and early evening (at least compared with the parks). We have a look at Paddlefish, Planet Hollywood Observatory, The Edison and more.
We stopped at the Disney Springs Coca-Cola Store on New Year's Eve after choosing to skip the parks in favor of a more relaxed experience. We weren't looking for cocktails, but one specifically caught our eye - Beverly's Revenge - and we purchased a cocktail flight as well. These aren't even listed on the Disney Parks Coca-Cola Store menu online yet. We have the menus below, as well as our drink photos. I didn't ask, but I believe alcohol is available from 3pm on the rooftop terrace (that was the case not long ago).
PizzeRizzo opened last month at Disney's Hollywood Studios at the former location of Toy Story Pizza Planet. While the food pretty much stayed the same (I was hoping for an upgrade), the atmosphere is much nicer with terrific theming throughout. PizzeRizzo is 2 stories with outdoor seating both on the ground and upper level. But it is the Banquet Room that has become one of my favorite places to eat in at Walt Disney World (just for atmosphere). I do really like that the Muppets are being utilized so much across property now.
- Review: Chef Art Smith's Homecoming: Florida Kitchen Brings Delicious Southern Cooking to Disney Springs
- Review: Blaze Fast-Fire'd Pizza: A Delicious Addition to Disney Springs
- AbracadaBar Opens on the Walt Disney World BoardWalk: Photos & Video of Newest Themed Bar at WDW
- Review: Jock Lindsey's Hangar Bar at Disney Springs Overhauls Food Menu
- Frozen Ever After Draws Large Crowds for Opening Day at Epcot (Photos, Video Including Queue & Attraction)
- Mako Hypercoaster at SeaWorld Orlando: Photos & POV Video as Attraction Readies for June 10th Opening
- D-Luxe Burger Review: Disney Springs Quick Service Location Blends Great Food & Storytelling
- Sprinkles Cupcake ATM at Disney Springs: Review with Photos & Video at New Walt Disney World Location
- Sprinkles Cupcakes at Disney Springs: Photos, Video of Cupcakes, Ice Cream & Shop - Now Open at Walt Disney World!
- Zootopia's Nick Wilde & Judy Hopps Debut in Move It! Shake It! Dance & Play It! at Magic Kingdom, Walt Disney World
All content Copyright 2007-2016 Denise Preskitt. All rights reserved.
MouseSteps is not affiliated with or endorsed by the Walt Disney Company.
Before starting any exercise program, please see your family doctor.