Last week, I posted an article with tips and information about sailing during Star Wars Day at Sea on the Disney Fantasy. There are a total of 8 dates through April, or 8 actual days at sea that include Star Wars characters and activities. My thoughts on the cruise are in the first article, this is a photo and video heavy article about the Star Wars portion of the cruise with photos mostly that I haven't yet posted. All other days were as usual, no Star Wars except for merchandise and films being shown in the Buena Vista Theater. We did not do everything available, like the Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple and Padawan Mind Challenge. But we did quite a bit. Suprisingly missing was any sort of celebrities and insiders touted ahead of time.
It is hard to believe we've been off the Carnival Freedom for a couple of weeks now, we enjoyed our 7 night cruise immensely. There was so much to do on the ship, not to mention the shore excursions we booked. I wanted to share some of our favorite aspects of the Carnival Freedom, which is changing its home port from Fort Lauderdale, FL to Galveston, TX as I write this.
We spent 4 nights on the Disney Dream to experience a Disney Cruise Line Very MerryTime Cruise. While I've sailed 6 times with Disney since 1998 (including 3 times in 2014), I have never gone during the holiday season. With so many activities included this year, it was a great time for us to celebrate Christmas in a whole new way! We paid our own way with a Florida Resident discount.
Mickey and Minnie in their Holiday Attire
Review: Dr. Seuss Green Eggs and Ham with The Cat and the Hat and Friends Adds Fun to Carnival Freedom Cruise
Carnival Cruise Lines debuted their Seuss at Sea program in 2014, bringing beloved characters from Dr. Seuss to guests sailing on many ships - including the Carnival Freedom, which we sailed last week. One of the features of Seuss at Sea is the Green Eggs & Ham Breakfast with The Cat in the Hat and Friends. If you've seen the promotional photos from Carnival, you'll find that the reality is very similar. There are whimsical breakfast dishes, Dr. Seuss characters visiting each table, and more elaborate decorations than I've ever seen at a character breakfast.
- Discovering Marvel on the Disney Magic Cruise - From Avengers Academy to Shawarma!
- Carnival Sunshine Boasts Great Counter Service Options in Guy's Burger Joint, BlueIguana and More
- Review: Ji Ji Asian Kitchen on Carnival Sunshine: A Delight for the Senses
- Carnival Cruise Line Adding Seuss at Sea, Camp Ocean to Shore Up Kid's Activities
- Carnival Sunshine Cruise Stateroom Tour #8212
- Review: Remy Champagne Brunch on the Disney Dream Cruise is a French Delight
- Meeting Characters on the Disney Cruise Line - Princess Anna, Mickey, Jack Sparrow, Daisy and More on Disney Dream
- Disney Dream Princess Gathering - 6 Princesses in the Lobby
- Disney Dream Christening Cruise - Castaway Cay, Mickey's Pirates in the Caribbean, Buccaneer Blast
- Disney Dream Christening - "Golden Mickeys" and "Disney's Believe" Shows
- Disney Dream Restaurant Photos - Royal Palace, Remy, Palo, Enchanted Garden, Animator's Palate
- Disney's Oceaneer Club, Vibe, AquaDuck, Miniature Golf, More - Disney Dream Christening Cruise
- 1/19/11 Disney Dream Christening Cruise - Lobby, Deck Party, Whoopi Goldberg, Inaugural Merchandise
- Disney Dream Christening - Disney Cruise Line With Fairy Godmother Jennifer Hudson 1/19/2011
All content Copyright 2007-2016 Denise Preskitt. All rights reserved.
MouseSteps is not affiliated with or endorsed by the Walt Disney Company.
Before starting any exercise program, please see your family doctor.