2/28 Magic Kingdom Hub Expansion Update as Plaza Garden East Opens (Photos, Video of East, West and More)
Another section of the new hub opened at the Magic Kingdom yesterday, Plaza Garden East. The Plaza Garden West Fastpass+ area opened up about a week ago, and we have photos and video of that here as well. They look very similar, extremely spacious and with plenty of room for guests to walk around and enjoy fireworks with Fastpass+ reservations. The new walkways will also alleviate a lot of the congestion that has plagued the Magic Kingdom, we were once stuck for about a half hour with little movement in front of the Crystal Palace. Further down in the article, we take a walk through the Rose Garden, which will also undergo a transformation.
Anna and Elsa topiaries are now in place as the Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival continues to take shape with just one week until the March 4th, 2015 debut. We were busy during the day, but made it in time to see them at sunset this evening. Other topiaries have been added in the past two days, including Peter Pan, Cinderella with Prince Charming, and Belle and the Beast! Keep reading for photos of Anna and Elsa, along with some other newly added topiaries. Our last update was from late last week, and includes more topiaries.
Today we are sharing an update photo walk of Disney's Port Orleans Riverside Resort on 3 pages. Last week we posted a photo walk of Disney's Port Orleans French Quarter Resort, and we are starting where that walk left off. Disney's Port Orleans Riverside Resort was one of the most requested resorts from guests when I was a Disney Authorized Vacation Planner, in large part due to the rooms in Alligator Bayou that sleep 5. Now, Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort also offers rooms for 5, allowing more families to be able to sleep in one room. Disney's Port Orleans Riverside has 2048 rooms, about double that of Disney's Port Orleans French Quarter. It was originally called Dixie Landings, the name changed in 2001 (I can't believe it has been almost 15 years since then!)
Disney's Port Orleans Resort Celebrates Mardi Gras with Golf Cart Parade, Princess Tiana & Prince Naveen
Each year, Disney's Port Orleans Resort celebrates Mardi Gras on Fat Tuesday with a parade. Cast Members decorate pargo golf carts and wear fun costumes, throwing beads and candy to guests who line the pathway through Disney's Port Orleans Riverside Resort and Disney's Port Orleans French Quarter Resort! Princess Tiana and Prince Naveen were part of the procession. The parade began earlier than usual, at 10:00 a.m. I had to miss it due to a media event, but Jeff was able to capture the parade in both photos and video!
I am updating our Disney's Port Orleans French Quarter photo walk today on 2 pages, showcasing a tour around this intimately sized resort. Disney's Port Orleans French Quarter is a favorite of many guests in part due to the minimal amount of walking needed to get anywhere on property - it offers 1008 guest rooms, about half of what is available at Disney's Port Orleans Riverside Resort. Guests wishing to walk or run will find plenty of room for that as well, with the path around the Sassagoula River winding through both Disney's Port Orleans French Quarter and Disney's Port Orleans Riverside Resort. I spent 7 years as an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner, and this was one of my most requested resorts.
- New Starbucks Opens at Disney's Hollywood Studios: A Look Inside the Trolley Car Cafe' and Offerings
- Downtown Disney/Disney Springs Photo Update January 29, 2015 Including BOATHOUSE & The Hangar Construction
- Sorcerer's Hat Removal Makes Way for Chinese Theater View at Disney's Hollywood Studios (Photos, Video)
- Ratatouille Merchandise Selection Expands in Epcot's World Showcase France Pavilion
- Resort Specific Merchandise Arrives at Walt Disney World Moderate Resorts
- Paul Stanley and Gene Simmons from KISS Host 100 Veterans at Rock & Brews in Oviedo for Ribbon Cutting and Luncheon
- Disney's Wilderness Lodge Opens Kids Water Play Area (Splash Pad)
- Disney's Polynesian Village Resort Lobby Opens With New Look, Smaller Water Feature; DVC Bungalows Slated to Open April 1, 2015 (Photos, Video)
- Review: Good Morning Breakfast with Goofy & His Pals at Four Seasons Resort Orlando is a Fun Way to Begin Day
All content Copyright 2007-2014 Denise Preskitt. All rights reserved.
MouseSteps is not affiliated with or endorsed by the Walt Disney Company.
Before starting any exercise program, please see your family doctor.