Orlando's Magical Dining Month is just around the corner, beginning August 25th and lasting through October 1st, 2017. We always visit a couple of restaurants or so during this time frame as restaurants serve 3-course meals for $35.00 per diner. Last year we were invited to the Four Seasons Orlando to review their offerings at Ravello (which is my personal favorite of the Four Seasons Orlando restaurants). We also took ourselves to Fogo de Chão, which is in the Orlando Eye area - it's not the first time we've been there for Magical Dining Month and that will probably be on our list this year as well. And for 2017, more Walt Disney World restaurants are included. Besides Ravello, which I highly recommend, restaurants include Jiko, The Wave, Paddlefish, Todd English's bluezoo, and STK at Disney Springs has a very attractive menu for the month - a petite filet mignon is right up my alley, and the steaks there are excellent. So check out the press release with a link to all the menus below and start planning your meal(s)out! Another bonus is that a dollar of each meal will go to one of two local nonprofit organizations, that information is below as well.
Chicken at Ravello During 2016 Magical Dining Month
ORLANDO, Fla - Try Orlando's haute cuisine at a hot price this fall. Visit Orlando's Magical Dining Month, sponsored by American Express, returns Aug. 25 – Oct. 1 with an unprecedented number of restaurants — more than 100 — each offering a three-course, prix fixe dinner menu for just $35 per person. Celebrating its 12th year, the popular dining initiative provides a variety of options for local foodies or visiting gourmands who are looking to try out a local favorite or one of the hottest new venues added to Orlando's growing culinary scene. For the first time, six restaurants from Walt Disney World Resort hotels join the program's growing line-up.
This year's restaurants, from downtown Orlando to Restaurant Row and beyond, offer a menu and setting for every occasion. A full list of all participating restaurants, menus and OpenTable reservations are available now at OrlandoMagicalDining.com:
· What's Hot – Bulla Gastrobar*, Chroma Modern Bar + Kitchen*, DoveCote Brasserie*, Earls kitchen + bar*, Luke's Kitchen*, Reel Fish Coastal Kitchen + Bar*
· Walt Disney World Resort – Jiko at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge*, The Wave at Disney's Contemporary Resort*, Boatwright's Dining Hall at Disney's Port Orleans Resort*, The Turf Club at Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort*, The Grand Floridian Café at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort*, Olivia's Café at Disney's Old Key West Resort*
· Big Night Out – Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steak House, Fleming's Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar (Orlando, Winter Park), Morton's The Steakhouse, Ocean Prime, Prato*, Ruth's Chris Steakhouse (Lake Mary, Orlando & Winter Park), Slate, Spencer's for Steaks and Chops, STK, The Capital Grille (I-Drive, Mall at Millenia)
· Romantic – Boheme Restaurant (Grand Bohemian Hotel), Chez Vincent, Christinis Ristorante Italiano, Le Coq au Vin Restaurant, Luma on Park, The Melting Pot (Orlando, Longwood)
· Family Friendly – Amatista Cookhouse at Loews Sapphire Falls Resort at Universal Orlando, Benihana (Orlando, Lake Buena Vista), Brio (Winter Park Village, Mall at Millenia)*, Copper Canyon Grill, Kobe Ichiban Japanese Steakhouse, Mitchell's Fish Market, Paddlefish*, Seasons 52, Shogun Japanese Steak House*, The Kitchen at Hard Rock Hotel at Universal Orlando
· Dinner With A View – Canvas Restaurant & Market, Eddie V's Prime Seafood, Eleven at Reunion Resort, Lakeside Bar + Grill, Ravello, SeaWorld Orlando Sharks Underwater Grill
· Girls Night Out – Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant*, KASA Restaurant & Bar, RusTeak at College Park, The Stubborn Mule*, Vines Grille & Wine Bar
· Notable Chefs – Luma on Park (Brandon McGlamery), The Rusty Spoon (Kathleen Blake), The Ravenous Pig (James and Julie Petrakis), Todd English's bluezoo (Todd English)
· Staycation – A Land Remembered at Rosen Shingle Creek, American Kitchen Bar & Grill at B Resort & Spa, David's Club at Omni Orlando Resort, Forte at Reunion Resort
· Exotic – Cuba Libre Restaurant & Rum Bar, Dragonfly – Robata Grill & Sushi, Fogo de Chão Brazilian Steakhouse, kabooki sushi, Mango's Tropical Cafe*, Morimoto Asia, Tapa Toro
*First year in Magical Dining
Each year a local charity benefits from Visit Orlando's Magical Dining Month, receiving $1 from each meal served. This year, due to the immense growth and popularity of the program, Magical Dining Month will benefit two Orlando nonprofit organizations: Freedom Ride, Inc. and BASE Camp Children's Foundation. Freedom Ride, Inc. offers therapeutic horseback riding programs that enrich the lives of children and adults with physical, emotional and learning disabilities. BASE Camp Children's Foundation provides a base of support for children and families who are facing the challenge of living with cancer and other life-threatening hematological illnesses.
Last year, Visit Orlando's Magical Dining raised a record $195,125 for the Russell Home for Atypical Children enabling the organization to modify and refurbish the girls' dorm as part of the home's major renovation project. The dorm will be named after Visit Orlando and Magical Dining Month.
About Orlando Dining
From internationally renowned chefs to home-grown venues, Orlando is a destination where the culinary possibilities are both fresh and seemingly endless. Theme parks restaurants keep Central Florida on the map with award-winning dining, and independent restaurateurs bring fresh concepts to the table. Whether locally owned or part of expanding franchises, many of the destination's newest restaurants mirror the national trends: American cuisine, farm-friendly menus and simple food with regional accents. Nationally, Orlando has emerged as a prominent dining destination, and continues to grow in both quantity and quality of flavors.
About Visit Orlando
Visit Orlando is the official tourism association for the most visited destination in the United States, with representation in more than a dozen countries around the world. Visit Orlando, together with its 1,200 member organizations, represents the area's leading industry.
All content Copyright 2007-2016 Denise Preskitt. All rights reserved.
MouseSteps is not affiliated with or endorsed by the Walt Disney Company.
Before starting any exercise program, please see your family doctor.