Disneyland Paris turned 25 years old this month, and we were fortunate enough to be there for both the March 26th kickoff and the spectacular April 12th official anniversary. I’m not sure how long the 25th anniversary will continue for, but some of the elements will likely last well past the year and a half or so that I expect. This is a great time to visit the Disneyland Paris resort, we were able to snag a three week trip that won’t be much different in price than one week in Anaheim this summer (staying offsite in both locations). The dollar in France is very strong right now compared with 2014 and some previous trips I’ve taken.
Here are 10 reasons to make plans now to go to Disneyland Paris for the 25th!
1) Disney Stars on Parade – While I miss the former Disney Magic on Parade, this is a completely new parade that features a variety of unique floats – with a Maleficent dragon that looks very much like its Florida counterpart. Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Chip and Dale are among the characters on the opening float that has a steampunk look to it.
2) Mickey Presents: Happy Anniversary Disneyland Paris show: There are two new castle shows for the anniversary. This one features Disney characters and performers in a musical salute to each land at Disneyland Paris. One fun segment features Chip & Dale with Woody & Jessie for Frontierland. Just as with other shows at Disneyland Paris, this is presented with a mix of English and French.
3) Starlit Princess Waltz show – This lovely show features Disney princesses including Cinderella, Belle, Jasmine, Belle and Ariel, and eventually their princes join them as well. It’s been an extremely popular addition to the park.
4) Disney Illuminations Nighttime Spectacular – Replacing the former Disney Dreams show, this new production offers fireworks, fountains, fire, projections and lasers. It features a variety of different Disney film segments, including Frozen and The Lion King. Disney Illuminations isn’t better than Disney Dreams in my opinion, but it still has a major “wow” factor.
5) Disney character meet & greets in special costumes – Characters including Minnie, Daisy, Goofy and Donald greet guests in their special 25th anniversary costumes!
6) 25th Anniversary merchandise – Following in the lead of Disneyland’s 60th anniversary, Disneyland Paris has a wide range of merchandise for guests to choose from.
7) 25th Anniversary food offerings – Most of the food offerings are of the sweet variety, but even the counter service pizza is in the shape of a star to commemorate the anniversary. While I didn’t partake too much of the themed food, I did enjoy a sweet waffle out in Disney Village from one of the carts presented for the anniversary.
Pizza in a star shape
Waffle snack items in Disney Village
8)- Hyperspace Mountain and Star Tours: The Adventures Continue in Discoveryland – Star Tours: The Adventures Continue is new to Disneyland Paris and Hyperspace Mountain is due to open in May.
9) Enhanced Attractions – Disneyland Paris has been enhancing attractions for the last couple of years, including adding new effects to Big Thunder Mountain Railroad and refurbishing Alice’s Curious Labyrinth. Pirates of the Caribbean re-opens in July after a lengthy refurbishment in which Jack Sparrow will be added.