Today was the day to make reservations for Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disneyland Resort in California, all the dates are now sold out – BUT after June 23rd, 2019 there is no need for a reservation and there are also still hotel reservations for those who want to visit earlier. I look forward to being there opening day! Disney is offering 8 tips to plan for a visit to this new land. There will be no standby line into Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge until after June 23rd. Read below for more information from Disney.
(May 2, 2019) – Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, the highly-anticipated new lands coming to Disneyland Resort in California and Walt Disney World Resort in Florida, will invite guests to step into the Star Wars universe for the very first time and live their own Star Wars adventures.
To help guests plan ahead and prepare for their visits to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disneyland Park in Anaheim, Calif., here are eight tips to “know before you go” to this epic, new land, opening May 31.
- Reservations are required to enter Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge between May 31 and June 23. Guests visiting during this time will need valid theme park admission and a reservation to enter the new land at Disneyland. At this time, reservations are no longer available.
- Guests can still get a reservation to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge by staying at a Disneyland Resort hotel between May 31 and June 23*. Guests staying at one of the three Disneyland Resort hotels between May 31 and June 23 will receive a designated reservation to visit Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge during their stay (one reservation per registered guest; valid theme park admission required). Hotel guests will be notified of their reservation date and time with their registration confirmation. Guests may book a stay at Disneyland.com/Hotels or call (714) 520-5060. If the hotel reservation is cancelled, the Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge reservation will be cancelled.
- No standby line will be available to enter Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge between May 31 and June 23. Only guests with reservations will be able to access the land during this time.*
- Reservations will no longer be required to visit Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge after June 23. As needed, to manage demand, Disneyland Resort will utilize a virtual queueing system, to visit the new land. Details on the virtual queuing system will be utilized, as needed.
- The current Disneyland Resort costume policy will be in effect in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge. Costumes may not be worn by guests 14 years of age or older. Appropriate Disney bounding – dressing in outfits inspired by favorite characters – is permitted.
- Download the official Disneyland mobile app to plan ahead and make the most of your visit to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge. The Disneyland app** allows guests to check the attraction wait time, locate character encounters and even utilize the mobile ordering feature at select dining locations when you are in the new land.
- Prepare for your visit to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge by downloading the Play Disney Parks mobile app in advance of your arrival. The Play Disney Parks app** allows guests to deepen their engagement with the land and interact with the world around them on the planet Batuu. Guests who choose to engage through the app will be able to interact with droids, translate Aurebesh, scan cargo crates and other containers to collect virtual items, and more.
- Inside Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, Disney’s goal is to provide a great guest experience. For example, guests who are in the queue at Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run will have the ability to purchase snacks, utilize a continued process to visit the restroom, enjoy cast interactions, and also engage with an in-queue game while using the Play Disney Parks mobile app to make wait times fun, interactive and enjoyable.
* Access to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge experiences is subject to capacity. After June 23, 2019, when reservations will no longer be required, access to Disneyland Park, Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge and experiences is subject to capacity.
** Message, data and roaming rates may apply. Availability subject to handset limitations, and features may vary by handset, service provider or otherwise. Coverage and app stores not available everywhere. If you’re under 18, get your parents’ permission first.