Walt Disney World is reopening and we were at the Magic Kingdom for a Cast Member preview on Tuesday. We are also going back this afternoon for a Passholder preview before the park officially opens on July 11th, along with Disney’s Animal Kingdom park (Epcot and Disney’s Hollywood Studios open on July 15th). There are many changes in the parks and I will be posting an article with about 100 photos with videos tomorrow – but today I’m sharing some of the entertainment you will find at the Magic Kingdom. I added a press release below that details just a little of what is available – there was much more than I expected to see and we have some photos and video (which I will be adding to this weekend).
The few cavalcades and interactions posted in the press release below are a tip of the iceberg – which is great, because there is a lot to see! There are no parades or fireworks now, because Disney is aiming for physical distancing between guests.
Tinker Bell is on a float a number of times per day that travels between Frontierland and Main Street.
Our Tinker Bell float video with Country Bears:
Wendell posed for me from above Country Bear Jamboree.
Piglet, Rabbit and Eeyore were on a trolley.
Eeyore was at the back of the trolley. This happened a number of times during the day.
Pooh, Peter Pan and Alice are on the Fantasyland Friends float.
Here is our video of it.
There is a fun variety of characters on the cavalcades.
Gaston is on horseback.
Aladdin and Mary Poppins were on the back. Jasmine is in the Royal Princess Processional.
The Royal Princess Processional is going to be very popular! It runs several times per day. Our video:
Here is our Mickey and Friends Cavalcade video, and two of my photos from it are in this article, including with the press release below.
Part of the magic of a Walt Disney World Resort theme park visit is seeing beloved Disney characters. With traditional parades and character greetings on hiatus to promote physical distancing among guests, theme park character experiences have been reimagined in new and different ways. From cavalcades down Main Street, U.S.A. at Magic Kingdom Park to sailings down Discovery River at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park and much more, characters from dozens of favorite Disney stories will surprise and delight guests across all four theme parks. These are just some of the reimagined experiences guests will discover as the theme parks begin their phased reopening.
Magic Kingdom Park (reopening July 11, 2020)
- “The Royal Princess Processional” –Several times daily, favorite Disney princesses travel through the streets of Magic Kingdom. Princess Merida leads the way on her steed Angus, followed closely by a gazebo float and crystal castle carrying Cinderella, Tiana, Belle, Jasmine, Snow White, Rapunzel and others.
- “Mickey and Friends Cavalcade” – Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse and their pals pop up throughout the day, inviting everyone to “Get Their Ears On” as they wave to guests along the park’s parade route.
- Cinderella’s Evil Stepsisters – From time to time, guests in Fantasyland may spot the dastardly Anastasia and Drizella and can interact with them from afar while they’re perched on a balcony of Cinderella Castle.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park (reopening July 11, 2020)
- “Donald’s Dino Boat Bash!”– Donald Duck, Daisy Duck and Launchpad McQuack wave to guests from their party boat as “Donald’s Dino Bash!” moves from DinoLand U.S.A. to Discovery River.
- “Discovery River Character Cruise” – Throughout the day, guests can see Timon and Rafiki or Pocahontas with Meeko, who will set sail on the parks’ waterways.
- Discovery Island Drummers – These high-energy percussionists cruise along Discovery River, entertaining guests on the shore with an energetic beat.
EPCOT (reopening July 15, 2020)
- “Mickey and Friends World Tour” – As guests travel around World Showcase, they may come upon Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Pluto and Goofy all out sightseeing and waving to their friends.
- “Frozen Promenade” – Queen Anna and Elsa venture into the unknown around World Showcase, journeying from country to country and waving hello to guests along the way.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios (reopening July 15, 2020)
- Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge – While living their own adventures in a galaxy far, far away, guests are likely to come across some familiar faces as they explore Black Spire Outpost on the planet Batuu:
- Heroes of the Resistance, including Rey, Chewbacca and Vi Moradi, may be spotted on platforms above the garage in Black Spire Station or surveying activity around the spaceport where the Millennium Falcon has landed.
- A contingent of First Order Stormtroopers join Kylo Ren in patrolling the landing platform at Docking Bay 9 beneath their TIE Echelon assault vehicle.
- “Pixar Pals Motorcade” – Some of the biggest stars from Pixar Animation Studios’ films arrive on Hollywood Boulevard, from The Incredibles to Toy Story pals and more. They’ll wave to their fans as they head down the avenue accompanied by a celebratory musical score.
- “Disney Junior Stars Motorcade” – Throughout the day, Disney Junior stars including Fancy Nancy, Doc McStuffins and Vampirina will cruise down Hollywood Boulevard waving to fans from colorful custom convertibles.