Select Destination D23 panels will be available to watch through the Destination D23 Live! Livestream Page on Saturday, November 20th, 2021 and Sunday, November 21st, 2021. Read below for information and visit the livestream page for times and other details! There is actually a lot to watch over the weekend.
Saturday, November 20, 2021
- Destination D23 Welcome
- Connections: A Look at the Future of Disney Parks, Experiences and Products – Around the world, we’re re-establishing connections—returning to our happy places with the people who mean the most to us and making brand-new memories. In this session, DPEP Chairman Josh D’Amaro will share how, even in the most difficult of times, Disney continues to inspire and unite us through connections to beloved people and places… to treasured hopes and dreams… and to the power of magic and endless possibilities. You’ll get a first look at some of the newest projects around the world, and of course a little Disney magic along the way.
- Planes, Trains, and Monorails: Walt Disney World on the Move Presented by Enterprise® – Host Bret Iwan and an array of Imagineers take us on a journey of Walt Disney World transportation, from Walt Disney’s airplane to the Disney Skyliner.
- Walt ’70s World – A pop culture-fueled ride through the first of the Disney decades that defined Walt Disney World, featuring former Walt Disney World Ambassadors Ken Facey and Stephen Lim.
- Drawn to Life: Inside Disney’s first Collaboration with Cirque Du Soleil – Cirque du Soleil’s Michel Laprise and Fabrice Becker sit down with Natalie Woodward of Disney Live Entertainment and legendary Disney Animator Eric Goldberg to look back over the years long process of creating Drawn to Life, from the team’s early Animator’s Trust up to their emotions following the show’s grand opening.
- World Building for Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser – Learn how this all-new two-night immersive experience is coming to life, and how it connects to the broader Star Wars galaxy, with host Ashley Eckstein and array of the creative minds behind the project.
- Magical Entertainment for the Walt Disney World 50th Anniversary Celebration – Join the Walt Disney World Ambassadors, Disney Live Entertainment Creative Director Tom Vazzana, and some special guests for a look at new experiences created for “The World’s Most Magical Celebration,” along with a few surprises!
- Walt ’80s World – Join us for a totally awesome pop culture-fueled ride through the second Disney decade that defined Walt Disney World.
Sunday, November 21, 2021
- Disney+ Download at Destination D23 – Fresh off the heels of Disney+ Day, join Disney+ and friends for a look at what’s trending and what’s next for the streaming service.
- Onboard the Disney Wish: Creativity & Inspiration Sets Sail – Hear from Walt Disney Imagineering and Disney Cruise Line Entertainment as they share stories of designing the new spaces on board the next generation of ships in the Disney Cruise Line fleet.
- The Dawn of the Disney World – Join Steven Vagnini, author and historian behind the new Disney Editions coffee table book A Portrait of Walt Disney World: 50 Years of The Most Magical Place on Earth, for an entertaining presentation on the development of the resort, followed by a lively discussion with Global Ambassador for the Walt Disney World Resort 50th Anniversary Celebration George A. Kalogridis, inaugural Walt Disney World Ambassador Debby Dane Browne, and longtime Imagineering executive Peggie Fariss for a conversation about their experiences being a part of the resort’s unveiling and 1971 opening (and beyond). To close out the session, Walt Disney Archives director Becky Cline will host a special appearance by Disney Legend Dick Nunis for a look at how Walt Disney’s greatest dream was transformed into the Vacation Kingdom of the World.
- Delicious Disney: 50 Years of Walt Disney World – Join host Morgan Gaines and authors Pam Brandon and Marcy Carriker Smothers for a half century of culinary history, including stories and a look behind the creation of the new “Delicious Disney Walt Disney World: Recipes & Stories from the Most Magical Place on Earth.”
- From the Vault: Merchandise Memories of Walt Disney World – Actress and fashion icon Ashley Eckstein and the Walt Disney Archives’ own Kelsey Williams join the creative minds behind the latest must-have Walt Disney World collections for a look at the past, present, and future of the merchandise you love to collect!
- Walt ’90s World – Oh snap! The last of our pop culture-fueled rides through the Disney decades that defined Walt Disney World.
- Musical Attractions of Walt Disney World – Join Imagineers Tom Fitzgerald and John Dennis on journey through 50 years of Walt Disney World music, highlighting songs and scores from some fan-favorite attractions – past and present.
- A FAN-Tastic Finale – The musical culmination an exciting weekend, featuring performances from Disney’s a cappella sensation DCappella, recording artist and star of Broadway’s The Lion King Syndee Winters, and some very special surprises!
Please be advised: All schedules, events, and merchandise are subject to change without notice.