The Disney Parks Blog today announced that beginning in Fall 2022 and continuing through Spring 2023, the Disney Wonder will sail on 3-, 4-, 5- and 7-day cruises to Baja, Mexico and the Mexican Riviera from San Diego. This is the longest season yet from San Diego! Bookings open up on Tuesday, Feb. 22nd, 2022. Read below for more information from the Disney Parks Blog. Mousesteps does recommend our sponsor MEI-Travel & Mouse Fan Travel for booking your Disney Cruise Line vacation.
Photos and text below copyright Disney
Home to 11 decks overflowing with restaurants, pools, recreation, imaginative kid’s clubs, adult-exclusive hotspots, special encounters with Disney characters, a spa and Broadway-caliber shows, the Disney Wonder is filled with adventure and plenty of Disney magic.
And that’s not all! Your family can dine with Princess Tiana herself at Tiana’s Place, a restaurant inspired by “The Princess and the Frog.” While you might enjoy the live jazz music, this restaurant is my personal favorite because of the southern cuisine – and you better believe I’m getting the beignets for dessert!
In case that wasn’t enough, your family can also choose itineraries that include limited-time Halloween and holiday activities. Imagine experiencing the magic of the seasons at sea, including Halloween on the High Seas voyages and – for the first time from San Diego – Very Merrytime holiday cruises! Or, if you’re looking to escape winter back home to soak up magical fun, sun and relaxation while taking in the natural splendor of sun-kissed seaside towns, you can opt for early 2023 sailings.
San Diego, Disney Wonder’s homeport for this extended season, is a picture-perfect urban gem worthy of a stay before or after your cruise. Balboa Park and Old Town speak to the city’s Spanish colonial heritage, while the world-famous San Diego Zoo is home to more than 12,000 animals of more than 650 species.
From San Diego, the Disney Wonder will set sail to popular destinations, alive with color and culture. Ports include:
- Mazatlan, the renowned “Pearl of the Pacific” and the perfect beachside escape with breathtaking natural wonders, thriving culture and colorful history.
- Cabo San Lucas, a favored destination with dramatic rock formations and white-sand beaches.
- Puerto Vallarta, a beautiful seaside resort wrapped around romantic Banderas Bay and bordered by the stunning Sierra Madre Mountains, where outdoor adventures abound.
- Ensenada, known for its turquoise blue water and rugged mountainous terrain.
- Catalina Island. Fabled in song and legend, Catalina abounds in wildlife, outdoor adventures and seaside charm. No visit is complete without stopping at the vast Wrigley Memorial Botanical Gardens or the gilded splendor of the Catalina Island Casino, a showplace that was beautifully restored to its 1930s Art Deco magnificence as a reminder of the island’s glorious past.
Unforgettable awaits! Cruises from California aboard the Disney Wonder open for booking on Tuesday, Feb. 22. Head to DisneyCruise.com now to find more information about these itineraries and find your next family vacation!