“World of Color” returns to Disney California Adventure at the Disneyland Resort on April 22nd, 2022 – and with that, a virtual queue only accessible via the Disneyland mobile app. Read below for more information from the Disney Parks Blog announcement, including some “World of Color” fun facts.
Did you know? Here are a few “World of Color” fun facts!
- The inspiration for “World of Color” came from Walt Disney himself. The show begins and ends with the original theme song from “Walt Disney’s Wonderful World of Color” 1960s television program, which was written by Disney Legends Richard M. and Robert B. Sherman.
- “World of Color” features a gigantic projected water screen – a wall of water 380 feet wide by 50 feet high, for a projection surface of 19,000 square feet!
- The fountains can send water to heights ranging from 30 feet to 200 feet – higher than the top of Pixar Pal-A-Round!
- The “stage” for “World of Color” in Paradise Bay is nearly one acre and longer than a football field!
- During “World of Color,” you’ll see an array of heroes, heroines and colorful villains from the vast treasure of Disney and Pixar films, with characters from “Finding Nemo,” “The Little Mermaid,” “Toy Story,” “Aladdin,” “Beauty and the Beast” and “The Lion King.”
When “World of Color” returns, we will be adding a virtual queue system to help you view this popular show. This virtual queue is only accessible via the Disneyland mobile app. Beginning April 22, distribution times for the virtual queue enrollment will begin at noon, daily.* If you are able to make a virtual queue selection, you will receive a notification via the Disneyland app to enter the designated “World of Color” viewing area via one of the two marked entrance points (Blue or Yellow) assigned to you, approximately 45 minutes before the show begins. For how-to details on the virtual queue system, visit Disneyland.com. If the virtual queue reaches capacity, please visit the Paradise Bay viewing area shortly before “World of Color” begins to check in with a cast member for walk-up viewing options. Joining the virtual queue for World of Color is not required to view the spectacular, but it is highly recommended.