The Disney Parks Blog shared the Churro Marshmallow Wand recipe from Marceline’s Confectionery at Downtown Disney in the Disneyland Resort. The Churro Marshmallow Wand is a combination of the two treats – marshmallow wands and churros.
Here is the recipe from the Disney Parks Blog!
The talented team at Marceline’s Confectionery shared their Churro Marshmallow Wand recipe with us. My favorite part of this recipe is the homemade marshmallows! The first time I made homemade marshmallows, I was surprised by how easy they were to make. I was also amazed by the taste. The light, fluffy texture of a homemade marshmallow is worth the extra time it takes to wait for the marshmallows to set.
Here is the recipe. Remember to share your photos with #DisneyEats if you’re enjoying this treat at Downtown Disney District at Disneyland Resort or Cooking Up the Magic in your home kitchen!
CHURRO MARSHMALLOW WANDS
Marceline’s Confectionary, Downtown Disney District
- 3/4 ounce unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup water, divided
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
CHURRO MARSHMALLOW WANDS
- 8 large lollipop sticks
- 8 Mickey-shaped marshmallows
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 pound white melting chocolate
FOR MICKEY-SHAPED MARSHMALLOWS:
- Spray a 9×13 inch pan with non-stick spray
- Mix gelatin with 1/2 cup of water in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a whisk attachment. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, stir remaining 1/2 cup of water, sugar, and corn syrup.
- Cook over medium heat for 12-15 minutes, until mixture reaches 240°F. Remove from heat and allow mixture to rest for 1 minute, until it reaches 230°F.
- Pour sugar mixture into gelatin and water.
- Whip on medium speed 2 minutes, until mixture begins to thicken. Add salt. Continue to whip 8-10 minutes, until mixture doubles in size.
- Spray a spatula with non-stick cooking spray. Pour marshmallow mixture into 9×13 inch pan. Smooth using spatula. Marshmallow mixture will be very sticky.
- Let marshmallows rest for 4 hours, until set.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and powdered sugar.
- Once marshmallows are set, spread half of the cornstarch mixture on a large cutting board. Carefully flip marshmallows onto cutting board and cut into 8 Mickey-shaped marshmallows, using a 2 1/2 inch cookie cutter. Dip marshmallows in remaining cornstarch mixture and store in an airtight container.
FOR CHURRO MARSHMALLOW WANDS:
- Dip one end of each lollipop stick in 1 inch of water. Skewer Mickey-shaped marshmallows onto each stick, starting at the wet end of the stick.
- Mix cinnamon, sugar, and graham cracker crumbs in shallow bowl or pie plate. Set aside.
- Melt white melting chocolate according to package instructions. Keep warm.
- Dip Mickey-shaped marshmallows into melted white chocolate, gently tapping to remove excess white chocolate. Sprinkle cinnamon, sugar, and graham cracker mixture over all sides of the marshmallows; place on clean parchment paper. Repeat for all wands.
- Cool at room temperature for 15 minutes, until white chocolate is set.
Always use caution when handling sharp objects and hot contents. Please supervise children who are helping or nearby.
This recipe has been converted from a larger quantity in the restaurant kitchens. The flavor profile may vary from the restaurant’s version.
Click here for a printable version of the recipe and happy baking!