“Wondrous Journeys” – Full Video of New Disneyland Nighttime Spectacular, With Fireworks
“Wondrous Journeys” is the new nighttime spectacular at Disneyland, celebrating 100 years of the Walt Disney Company and 100 years of the Walt Disney Animation Studios. We were invited to a media preview of “Wondrous Journeys” last night (“Wondrous Journeys” officially debuts tonight, January 27th) and have a full video of the show to share.
“Wondrous Journeys” features characters and moments from all 60+ Walt Disney Animation Studios films from the past century, including “Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs”, “Encanto”, “Moana” and the upcoming “Wish.” Also, Baymax and The Blue Fairy fly!
Here is our video.
Here are some fun facts from the Disneyland Resort about “Wondrous Journeys”!
Dazzling details of ‘Wondrous Journeys’
- The nighttime spectacular weaves in music, characters and moments from every film released by Walt Disney Animation Studios over the past century, including “Hercules,” “The Princess and the Frog,” “Peter Pan,” “Treasure Planet,” “Big Hero 6,” “Frozen” and the upcoming “Wish.”
- State-of-the-art projection effects surround guests with blank pieces of paper, pencil sketches and splashes of color, as the artistry of animators breathes life into beloved characters ranging from Mickey Mouse and Bambi to Ariel and Mirabel.
- MagicBand+ enhances “Wondrous Journeys” by glowing with color and pulsing with haptic vibrations along with the show.
- The projections are customized for each primary viewing area – Main Street, U.S.A., Sleeping Beauty Castle, Rivers of America and the façade of “it’s a small world” – creating a unique experience for each location.
- During a climactic moment in the story, the thumping bass of the song “Immortals” from “Big Hero 6” can be heard as Baymax takes to the skies over Disneyland Park (for the first time!) with his rocket boosters propelling him into the night.
- Butterflies appear as a recurring motif throughout “Wondrous Journeys,” representing a physical manifestation of wonder. Butterflies are a wonder of nature and show up regularly in Walt Disney Animation Studios films, from “Alice in Wonderland” and “Winnie the Pooh” to “Tarzan” and “Encanto.”
- 18 Disney songs are heard throughout “Wondrous Journeys,” including the original song, “It’s Wondrous.” The new song features music and lyrics by Duddy Brown and GRAMMY® Award-winning artist Alex Geringas.
- The musical score was recorded by an 80-piece orchestra and includes 16 lead vocalists and a 33-voice choir.