The new Incredibles float debuted a few days back in the Paint the Night parade at Disney California Adventure. Paint the Night returned in April as part of Pixar Fest (which runs through September 3rd, 2018), but the new float was not yet ready. It was worth the wait! Mr. & Mrs. Incredible and Frozone are on the float, which is a nice addition to the parade. We have video of both the full parade and just the float itself.
Here is some information on the new float from the Disney Parks Blog:
- The dynamic and colorful new float connects both “The Incredibles” and “Incredibles 2,” picking up where the first film left off and portraying the scene that shows the Parr family banding together against the supervillain known as “The Underminer.”
- Violet Parr uses her super powers to surround herself with a “force field.” It will come to life through a custom-built persistence-of-vision (POV) globe – the first and largest ever to be installed on a Disney parade float.
- Dash’s super-human speed is captured through an innovative system of 64 individually lit frames, flashing as he races in circles around the float.
- Mr. Incredible and Mrs. Incredible, along with their pal Frozone, light up the night in new super suits. The suits have been installed and wired by hand and are fully programmable to be in sync with the music and the float lighting.
- The super suits, designed by eccentric fashion designer Edna Mode, are illuminated with nearly 100 sheets of flexible, miniature LEDs. This is the first time these light-up suits will be worn by any Disney or Pixar character.
- The chest logos on the Incredibles’ glowing super suits are made up of 60 individually programmable LEDs.
Here is our video of just the float.