The EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival debuted today, the first of 129 days – the popular event runs through November 20th, 2021. We were there for the afternoon and I’m heading back tomorrow and we’ll have articles, videos and our show up this weekend. Read more below for information from Disney and then come back for our experience!
Photo by Denise Preskitt, Mousesteps
LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. (July 15, 2021) – Beginning today, guests can embark on a tasty tour across six continents during the EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival presented by CORKCICLE at Walt Disney World Resort. This delicious celebration, which runs through Nov. 20, 2021, features 129 days of foodie fun, including a menu of new flavors and sips along with live entertainment, family activities and more.
Global Marketplaces serve up a host of international flavors, including fan-favorite dishes from Hawai’i, Australia, Germany, Canada and Greece, as well as new spicy, savory and sweet plates to please the palate. CORKCICLE is the presenting sponsor for this year’s festival; guests who visit Shimmering Sips Global Marketplace and four other locations during the event will discover several beverage options available for purchase in exclusive keepsake CORKCICLE premium beverage containers.
Here is some of what guests can enjoy at the 2021 EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival:
- More than 20 Global Marketplaces debut today, with another 10 joining the party this fall. New marketplaces open now include The Noodle Exchange, The Swanky Saucy Swine, Rotunda Bistro, Tangierine Café: Flavors of the Medina, and Brew-Wing at the EPCOT Experience. Later this fall, new Global Marketplaces include Kenya, Mac & Eats, and Lobster Landing. Returning favorites include Shimmering Sips hosted by CORKCICLE, Earth Eats hosted by Impossible, Refreshment Port hosted by Boursin Cheese, and Flavors from Fire hosted by The NFL on ESPN. For a complete menu, visit TasteEPCOT.com.
- Live music will fill the air during this year’s festival. At the America Gardens Bandstand presented by Florida Blue Medicare, local bands from across Central Florida play popular songs of yesterday and today, Friday through Monday, at the America Gardens Theatre. Live acts performing daily include Voices of Liberty, Mariachi Cobre and the Jammin’ Chefs.
- Remy’s Ratatouille Hide & Squeak invites kids of all ages on a magnifique adventure to find Chef Remy around the festival. Guests can purchase a map and stickers from select locations and then search for statuettes of the “Little Chef” hidden throughout World Showcase and the Global Marketplaces. Those who complete the scrumptious scavenger hunt earn a special surprise, courtesy of Chef Remy.
- Keeping that foodie vibe from Disney and Pixar’s “Ratatouille” going, families can also take part in Emile’s Fromage Montage, where they purchase five participating cheese dishes from select Global Marketplaces. Those who collect all five stamps – including a passionfruit cheesecake with toasted macadamia nuts – can scurry back to Shimmering Sips to claim a prize.
- Guests can commemorate their visit to this year’s festival with official event merchandise, including apparel, home décor, kitchen essentials, trading pins and more.
The 2021 EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival presented by CORKCICLE is available with a valid ticket or pass and a Disney Park Pass reservation for EPCOT on the same date. As the event continues into the fall, it will be part of “The World’s Most Magical Celebration” beginning Oct. 1 in honor of the 50th anniversary of Walt Disney World Resort. For more information on the festival, visit TasteEPCOT.com or follow #TasteEPCOT on social media channels. Offerings are subject to change without notice.