Disney’s Magical Express at Walt Disney World is coming to an end and The Sunshine Flyer is another paid transportation service choice just announced for 2022. Starting February 1st, The Sunshine Flyer will begin service. Ticket pre-sales began today. The buses will be designed on the exterior to look like old-fashioned locomotives or passenger cars. Read below for more information!
Today is the official launch of The Sunshine Flyer, the newest ride option to Walt Disney World® Resorts. Launched by Transportation Management Services (TMS), The Sunshine Flyer offers a themed experience centered around old-fashioned passenger cars and train engines and provides travel to and from the Orlando International Airport (MCO) to Walt Disney World® Resorts, all while supporting Make-A-Wish Central & Northern Florida in the process. The service aims to alleviate the stress of airport transportation and kickstart the magic of the family vacation from the moment they board the bus:
- The buses are designed on the exterior to look like old-fashioned locomotives or passenger cars
- Staff will be dressed as 1920’s rail conductors and engineers
- The buses will have entertainment throughout the trip
- Ticket pre-sales begin on December 20, and service will begin on February 1, 2022
There is also a charity component to the launch of the service in honor of Disney’s 50th anniversary:
- For the first 50 days of service, 50% of Sunshine Flyer ticket sales will be donated to Make-A-Wish Central & Northern Florida.
- Make-A-Wish children and their families will receive complimentary service from the Sunshine Flyer for their Disney wishes indefinitely
Here is a video of The Sunshine Flyer.
There will be a variety of transportation options available for 2022 for your Walt Disney World vacation, and the Sunshine Flyer looks like a nice addition to the lineup.