Disney Shares Pretzel Bread Pudding Recipe from EPCOT’s Sommerfest
Disney shared the recipe for Pretzel Bread Pudding Recipe from EPCOT’s Sommerfest counter service location. Katie Wilson on the Disney Parks Blog says of this delicious dessert, The Pretzel Bread Pudding features pieces of jumbo pretzels and is topped with house-made vanilla sauce and caramel. It’s the perfect dessert for anyone who loves the sweet and savory combination.
She also says, Be sure to plan ahead on this one because it needs to rest in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours so that the pretzel bread can fully absorb the liquid.
Here is the recipe!
PRETZEL BREAD PUDDING
Sommerfest – EPCOT
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup milk, divided
- 2 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
PRETZEL BREAD PUDDING
- 1 pound pretzel bread
- 1 cup milk
- 1 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 3/4 teaspoon vanilla paste
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
FOR VANILLA SAUCE:
- Beat egg and sugar in small bowl. Set aside.
- Bring cream and 3/4 cup of milk to a simmer in a small saucepan over medium heat. Slowly add 1/3 of the simmering cream mixture to the eggs, whisking constantly to temper eggs. Carefully pour back into saucepan.
- Whisk cornstarch and remaining 1/4 cup of milk together in a small bowl. Add to saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until sauce thickens. Remove from heat and add vanilla extract.
- Place a mesh strainer over a bowl. Pour sauce through strainer and cool to room temperature.
- Cover and refrigerate up to 7 days.
FOR PRETZEL BREAD PUDDING:
- Tear or chop pretzel bread into large pieces. Place in a food processor and pulse until coarse crumbs form.
- Whisk milk, heavy cream, sugar, eggs, vanilla paste, baking powder, and cinnamon in a large bowl. Add pretzel bread pieces. Cover and refrigerate 4-12 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray 15 1/2 cup ramekins or muffin tins with non-stick cooking spray. Add 1/3 cup pretzel bread pudding mix into each ramekin or muffin tin. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until centers of pretzel bread puddings are firm.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from molds.
Remove vanilla sauce from refrigerator. Heat in small saucepan over medium-low heat until warm. Place warm pretzel bread puddings on small plates. Top each with 2-3 tablespoons vanilla sauce. Drizzle caramel on top.
Note: Always use caution when handling sharp objects and hot contents. Please supervise children who are helping or nearby. This recipe has been converted from a larger quantity in the restaurant kitchens. The flavor profile may vary from the restaurant’s version.
Make sure you download the recipe for this must-try treat here so you can make it for your very own taste testers!