Mako Roller Coaster at SeaWorld Orlando Set to Open on June 10th, 2016
An opening date has been set for Mako at SeaWorld, Orlando’s tallest, fastest and longest roller coaster! Mark June 10th, 2016 in your calendars. Also, there is a preview presentation called Mako Rising which will be shown in the Nautilus Theater twice per day. Keep reading for all the details in this SeaWorld press release.
ORLANDO, Fla. (April 4, 2016) – The Mako frenzy continues to swell at SeaWorld Orlando with two new announcements today:
1) The new coaster – Orlando’s tallest, fastest and longest — will strike with full force on a grand opening date of June 10, 2016.
2) Further feeding the Mako frenzy is a new live presentation in the park for guests who want a sneak peek starting now. The new presentation gives guests a preview of the ride design, construction and experience, and also shares interesting educational facts about sharks in the wild that need our help.
The preview presentation, called Mako Rising, is now being shown at Nautilus Theater daily at 11:45 a.m. and 2:45 p.m. Audience members enjoy complimentary snacks as they relax in the cool indoor theater and participate in the informative, interactive experience. All audience guests also will receive special in-park offers and the opportunity to win a prize during the presentation.
Mako Quick Facts:
• Opening June 10, 2016, Mako will be the tallest, fastest and longest coaster in Orlando.
• Mako will be a hypercoaster, designed for speed and relentless “air time”
• Orlando’s only hypercoaster lures guests to brave tight turns, stomach steep drops and endure shark-attack speeds.
• Riders will soar up to 200 feet high and reach speeds up to 73 mph.
• Mako will be the centerpiece of the new two-acre shark-themed realm which also includes Shark Encounter®, Sharks Underwater Grill®, gift shops, and shark- and shipwreck-themed educational experiences.
Follow the Mako frenzy using the hashtag #NothingFaster. Visit SeaWorld.com/Mako for more information and updates on the new ride.