Disney has announced that there will be fall decorations, special food items, a Halloween themed cavalcade and more at Walt Disney World during this really unusual year. Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party was canceled but it will be very nice to have a seasonal experience during the day. There will also be other character appearances, including Chip ‘n’ Dale in costume – with distancing guidelines in force as we currently see. We already posted about merchandise and window displays. And adults can wear Halloween costumes! Read below for the full press release and remember you need to have a park reservation to visit.
LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. (Aug. 27, 2020) – Magic Kingdom Park is dressing for fall – and looking forward to everyone else joining in the fun! From Sept. 15 to Oct. 31, 2020, guests of all ages can for the first time wear their Halloween costumes during regular operating hours as the iconic theme park at Walt Disney World Resort celebrates the spooky season.*
Here are some other ways guests can experience fall and Halloween from Sept. 15 to Oct. 31 at Magic Kingdom:
- As they walk down Main Street, U.S.A., guests will see glowing pumpkin wreaths that inspire the Halloween spirit.
- A Halloween-themed cavalcade will travel down Main Street, U.S.A. featuring Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Pluto and pals dressed in Halloween costumes. Guests may also spot Chip ‘n’ Dale in costume in Frontierland, and other Disney characters dressed for Halloween riding the horse-drawn trolley along Main Street, U.S.A.
- Festive Halloween-themed merchandise will be available in select locations around the park. Featured items include a new spirit jersey, Loungefly backpack and candy-swirl Minnie Mouse headband, along with a selection of apparel inspired by Disney Villains and more.
- The park will celebrate the season with special food and drinks, including the famous pumpkin-spiced waffle sundae.
- Themed photo opportunities from Disney PhotoPass will be available at select locations throughout the park.
Each of the Walt Disney World theme parks will welcome fall with popular specialty treats, such as Halloween cupcakes at EPCOT and Disney’s Animal Kingdom, along with frozen apple cider at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. As temperatures cool in Central Florida, fall is a spectacular time to visit the parks:
- The Taste of EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival offers more than 20 global marketplaces featuring culinary delights to sip and savor.
- At Disney’s Hollywood Studios, guests can travel to a galaxy far, far away in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, enter the cartoon world of Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway, or play with their favorite toys in Toy Story Land.
- Guests visiting Disney’s Animal Kingdom can explore Pandora – The World of Avatar, venture to the “top of the world” aboard Expedition Everest – Legend of the Forbidden Mountain, or have a wild adventure on Kilimanjaro Safaris.