RunDisney has announced that in-person races will be returning, starting with the Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend from November 4 – 7, 2021 and including Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend from January 5 – 9, 2022. The RunDisney website has been updated with information on the races. There is also a “Know before you go” page that will offer the latest information.
On the runDisney website, it says about the Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend in January:
Celebrate the 50th Anniversary of the Walt Disney World Resort in style with Mickey and friends! Delight in an extraordinary race weekend—put your endurance through the paces, enjoy amazing entertainment and earn commemorative medals. Dare to test your limits? Try a multi-race challenge for the chance to earn even more medals. No matter your skill level, you’ll be a part of a community of fun-spirited runners—uniquely Disney!
A new runDisney Springtime Surprise Weekend has been added that sounds interesting.
It won’t be long until race registrations begin! My last half was at Disneyland Paris in 2019 and I may try for the Walt Disney World half in January to attempt a Castle to Chateau medal if that is available for 2022.
The race events currently announced are:
- Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend powered by AfterShokz: November 4-7, 2021
- Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend: January 5-9, 2022
- Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend: February 24-27, 2022
- runDisney Springtime Surprise Weekend presented by Otterbox: March 31-April 3, 2022
- runDisney Springtime Surprise Weekend: Each race season, the fourth weekend will be the runDisney Springtime Surprise Weekend that will include different race themes and distances each year.
- Disney Princess Sunrise Yoga: On the first morning of the Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend, runDisney will host Disney Princess Sunrise Yoga in front of Cinderella Castle, before the theme park opens. The professionally led yoga session will be the most magical way to prepare your mind and body for a race!
- Virtual Races: All runDisney races will have a virtual race option, allowing runDisney fans across the country to participate in your favorite races, even if you can’t make it to Walt Disney World to run in person. Runners will be encouraged to run on the same morning of the on-site events, and will receive the same finisher medals!
- Just for Kids: The runDisney Kids Races during each event weekend will become runDisney Kids Adventures, focused on health, fitness, and fun for kids!