The Disneyland Resort has revealed the Foodie Guide to Plaza de la Familia 2023, which is in addition to the wide variety of Halloween offerings that will be offered at the same time. Plaza de la Familia includes entertainment, music and food at Disney California Adventure.
Read below for all the details from the Disney Parks Blog on the Foodie Guide to Plaza de la Familia!
Grab your familia and your appetite because over at Disney California Adventure park, Plaza de la Familia is back! From September 1 to November 2, 2023, embrace the everlasting bonds of family and get a taste of Día de los Muertos. This joyous celebration brings to life the Disney and Pixar award-winning film, “Coco,” with music, entertainment, and, of course, food!
Paradise Garden Grill, along with other locations at Disneyland Resort, will be serving up sweet and savory delights that will let you travel through your taste buds with cuisines inspired by some of the cultures that celebrate Día de los Muertos. With the new Chile Verde Chicken Flautas and return of the adorably delicious Horchata Cheesecake, and even some special “Coco”-inspired novelties like the Coco Souvenir Sipper, you’re going to want to check out this exciting event.
After you’re done treating yourself to some bites, enjoy “A Musical Celebration of Coco” featuring a talented team of storytellers and the beloved music from the film. You can even meet Miguel himself! And don’t forget to leave a message for your own loved ones on the Memory Wall at the Mexican Árbol de la Vida (Tree of Life).
What do you say we get to the food soon to be joining the festivities?
Disney California Adventure Park
Paradise Garden Grill (Available Aug. 31 through Nov. 2; mobile order available)
- Chile Verde Chicken Flautas topped with avocado spread, shredded lettuce, crema, queso fresco, tomatillo salsa, and pickled onions served with Spanish rice and pinto beans (New)
- Tacos Estilo Callejero: Trio of sirloin beef tacos with escabèche, Spanish rice, and pinto beans
- Carnitas Burrito: House-made pork carnitas, Spanish rice, pinto beans, and salsa verde served with house-made tortilla chips
- Chorizo Quesadilla: Poblano, onions, and mozzarella topped with cilantro crema and served with salsa roja and escabèche (Plant-based)
- Elote: Corn on the cob topped with crema, cotija, chili powder, and chicharron crumbles
- Street-style Taco: One steak taco in a corn tortilla served with Spanish rice and pinto beans (Kid’s Meal)
- Cheese Quesadilla: Whole wheat tortilla filled with Monterey Jack and cheddar cheese (Disney Check Meal)
- Chips with Salsa (New)
- Salsa Verde (New)
- Salsa Roja (New)
- Pinto Beans
- Spanish Rice
- Vanilla Layer Cake: Layers of vanilla cake with cinnamon mousse and sweet cream cheese frosting
- Dos Equis Lager
- Dos Equis Amber
- Watermelon Candy Cocktail: Tequila, watermelon schnapps and pineapple juice with a chamoy and chile-lime seasoned rim
Novelties Available Throughout Disneyland Resort
- Coco’s Dante Straw Clip: Available with purchase of beverage (Limit 10 per person, per transaction; available while supplies last starting Sept. 1); Available at the following locations:
- At Disneyland park: Churros near Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Pretzels near Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Rancho del Zocalo Restaurante, and Ship to Shore Marketplace
- At Disney California Adventure park: Chiller at Paradise Gardens Park, Paradise Garden Grill, and Outdoor Vending Carts
- Coco Skull Sipper: Includes choice of fountain beverage at time of purchase or a specialty beverage for an additional charge (New)(Limit two per person, per transaction; no discounts apply; available while supplies last starting Sept. 15); Available at the following locations:
- At Disneyland park: Rancho del Zocalo RestauranteAt Disney California Adventure park: Chiller at Paradise Gardens Park, Mortimers Market, Paradise Garden Grill, and Outdoor Vending CartsAt Disneyland Hotel: The Coffee House
- At Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa: GCH Craftsman Grill
- Coco Souvenir Sipper: Includes choice of Coca-Cola bottled beverages at time of purchase (Limit 10 per person, per transaction; available while supplies last starting Sept. 15); Available at the following locations:
- Disney California Adventure park: Paradise Garden Grill and Outdoor Vending Carts
Boardwalk Pizza & Pasta (Available Sept. 1 through Nov. 9)
- Horchata Cheesecake with sugar skull décor
Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa
Grand Californian Great Hall Cart (Available Sept. 1 through Nov. 5)
- Horchata Cookie filled with cajeta (New)
- Gingerbread Calavera Cookie: Gingerbread cookie with white chocolate (New)
- Chocolate Covered Pretzel Sticks: Pretzel rods dipped in white chocolate
- Cookie Box: Pumpkin Mickey sugar cookie, raspberry-filled cookies, and chocolate chip cookies with chocolate candies
- Macaron Box: Assorted macarons (New)
- Crisped Rice Treat dipped in white chocolate (New)
- Mexican Wedding Cookies (New)
- Vanilla Sugar Cookie (New)
- Cinnamon Chocolate Loaf Cake (New)
- Smothered Potato Chips (New)
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Shot with Milk
- Gingerbread Cookie Shot with Milk (New)
- Churro Cookie Shot with Milk (New)
- Red Velvet Cookie Shot with Milk (New)
- Double Chocolate Cookie Shot with Milk (New)
- Pumpkin Cookie Shot with Milk (New)
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Shot with Liqueur (Available with choice of Baileys Irish Cream, Grand Marnier, Captain Morgan Spiced Rum, Jameson Irish Whiskey, or RumChata) (New)
- Hot Chocolate (Non-alcoholic) (Alcoholic version available with choice of Baileys Irish Cream, Grand Marnier, Captain Morgan Spiced Rum, Jameson Irish Whiskey, or RumChata)
How exciting! I can’t wait for the return of this celebration at Disneyland Resort. If you’re looking for some additional ways to get festive at Disneyland Resort, check out our Foodie Guide to Halloween. The foodie fun is limitless at Disney Parks!
(Note: All offerings are subject to change and availability.)