Captain Marvel will make her debut on the Disney Magic during Marvel Day at Sea in 2019! Disney Cruise Line will have ten Marvel Day at Sea cruises sailing from Miami early next year that will include a variety of different Marvel characters including Black Panther, Doctor Strange, Star-Lord and Groot. It should be a fun time for Marvel fans – we did the first Star Wars Day at Sea a few years back and it really adds another layer to the normal Disney Cruise Line experience. My first cruise was in 1998 on the Disney Magic as well and it was nice to revisit it in recent years.
Read below for more information on what you can discover on a Marvel Day at Sea cruise!
CELEBRATION, Fla. – Disney Cruise Line guests can celebrate Marvel Day at Sea on the Disney Magic during special voyages from Miami. New character interactions and an action-packed deck show spectacular take center stage in the lineup of entertainment throughout the day-long celebration on all Marvel Day at Sea cruises.
Marvel Day at Sea combines the thrills of renowned Marvel comics, films and animated series, the excitement of a Disney Cruise to summon everyone’s inner Super Hero for the adventures that lie ahead during this unforgettable day at sea. Occurring on one action-packed day during each of the special Disney Magic sailings, Marvel Day at Sea transports guests to a new realm of possibilities when the Marvel Universe assembles on the ship.
The event features all-day entertainment including interactions with some of the mightiest Marvel Super Heroes and the menacing foes who oppose them, an extraordinary deck show spectacular, Marvel-themed youth activities, special merchandise and unique food and beverage offerings.
Unleash Your Inner Super Hero during the Ultimate Day at Sea
- For the first time ever, Disney Cruise Line guests will be the first to meet Captain Marvel when she makes her debut on the Disney Magic during Marvel Day at Sea in 2019.
- Even more Marvel Universe Super Heroes including Iron Man, Captain America, Black Panther, Spider-Man, Thor, Loki, Doctor Strange, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Star-Lord, Gamora and Groot are onboard for heroic encounters.
- Families join Doctor Strange and set forth on a journey of discovery with the sorcerer supreme himself in an interactive new show, “Doctor Strange: Journey into the Mystic Arts” in the Walt Disney Theatre. Children play a special role in the experience, as Doctor Strange calls upon young apprentices to put their skills to the test in an epic battle against the Dark Dimension.
- During “Heroes Unite,” an action-packed show spectacular, the largest collection of Marvel Super Heroes and Villains face off in an exciting battle at sea creating one epic finale. The spectacular features incredible stunts, special effects, pyrotechnics and music taking over the upper decks of the ship.
- Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy, Goofy, Pluto and even Chip and Dale join in the fun as they dress up to honor their favorite Marvel Super Heroes for a dance party on deck in “Mickey and Friends Super Hero Celebration.”
- Kids and families summon their Marvel knowledge and enjoy friendly competition during trivia games, covering courageous heroes and fun facts from the Marvel Universe.
- For children in Marvel Super Hero Academy, Super Heroes like Spider-Man, Black Widow, Thor and Hawkeye will teach kids the true qualities of being a hero. Kids can participate in special secret agent training, learn the path to becoming worthy with Thor, and hone their reflexes, speed and intellect with Spider-Man.
- Adults can enjoy an adult-exclusive experience inspired by the Guardians of the Galaxy in Fathoms nightclub, now a Ravager hideout. An electrifying alien dance performance amps up the energy and favorite interstellar outlaws join the party as Star-Lord’s Awesome Mixtape provides the soundtrack.
- Exclusive at-sea screenings of fan-favorite films from the Marvel Cinematic Universe including the newest theatrical releases, as well as viewings of the Disney XD shows: Marvel’s Avengers Assemble, Marvel’s Ultimate Spider-Man and Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy.
In 2019, Marvel Day at Sea will be offered on 10 Disney Magic Caribbean and Bahamian cruises sailing from Miami.
Departing Jan. 6 and Jan. 20, 2019, the western Caribbean itinerary includes George Town, Grand Cayman and Disney’s private island in the Bahamas, Castaway Cay.
Departing Jan. 11, Jan. 25, Feb. 8, Feb. 22 and March 8, 2019, the Bahamian itinerary includes Key West, Florida; Nassau, Bahamas, and Castaway Cay.
Departing Feb. 3, Feb. 17 and March 3, 2019, the western Caribbean itinerary includes Cozumel, Mexico, and Castaway Cay.
To learn more about Disney Cruise Line or to book a vacation, guests can visit http://www.disneycruise.com, call Disney Cruise Line at 888-325-2500 or contact their travel agent.