Disneyland shared a roundup of holiday offerings for 2019, which includes plenty of guest favorites from Haunted Mansion Holiday to “it’s a small world” Holiday to Christmas in Cars Land and more! There is a new “Mickey’s Happy Holidays” character celebration as well in Disney California Adventure. I look forward to visiting Disneyland in December this year! Read below for more information on what you’ll find between Nov. 8, 2019 and Jan. 6, 2020.
ANAHEIM, Calif. – All is merry and bright as the Holidays begin at the Disneyland Resort. The festive season brings magical entertainment, sparkling décor, seasonal attractions, festive foods and holiday-themed merchandise for guests of all ages. From Nov. 8, 2019, through Jan. 6, 2020, guests will enjoy Disney magic and make holiday memories with friends and family at the Merriest Place on Earth.
- Mickey and friends are rockin’ around the 60-foot tall Christmas tree on Main Street, U.S.A. This iconic photo spot makes for an ideal location to capture the holiday cheer. With 1,500 Victorian-inspired ornaments and 100 oversized faux candles, this tree stands out as a focal point of the holiday season at Disneyland.
- Let it snow on top of the newly refurbished Sleeping Beauty’s Winter Castle, which is decorated for the holidays for the first time since its stunning enhancements debuted for guests this spring. This magical location is illuminated each night with more than 126,000 twinkling LED lights, sparkling “icicles” and shimmering snow-capped turrets.
- Baby, it’s cold outside, but inside “it’s a small world” Holiday, warm holiday wishes fill the air as the attraction transforms with children from around the world celebrating holiday traditions from their countries. New this year, guests will experience three immersive scents: the beautiful fragrance of the cherry blossom in Asia, a classic holiday cinnamon scent in South America and coconut in the South Seas. These add to the fresh pine and peppermint candy scents guests know and love in the European scenes. Disney FastPass is available for this attraction.
- Mickey will be home for Christmas in Mickey’s Toontown. This topsy-turvy town takes holidays to a new level with wacky “toon” trees and decorations that show the unique personalities of Mickey and his pals.
- “Sandy Claws” is coming to town in Haunted Mansion Holiday. Inspired by the classic film “Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas,” Haunted Mansion Holiday is transformed as Jack Skellington and his fellow residents of Halloween Town show guests what happens when Halloween and Christmas collide.
- This year marks the 19th anniversary of a gingerbread house being added to the Haunted Mansion ballroom. This year’s design celebrates the 50th anniversary of the Haunted Mansion attraction and features 15 spirited, spooky and recognizable ghosts made out of gingerbread.
Disney California Adventure Park
- It’s the most wonderful time of the year as Disney Festival of Holidays brings to life diverse cultural festivities inspired by Christmas, Navidad, Hanukkah, Diwali, Kwanzaa and Three Kings Day. These holidays are celebrated through traditional holiday food and beverage offerings at the Festival Foods Marketplace, plus music and dance performances, and more. New this year is “Mickey’s Happy Holidays” character celebration, where guests can dance and sing along with Mickey and pals to the beat of the Holiday Toy Drummers.
- It’s a haul-y jolly Christmas in Cars Land as the residents of Radiator Springs race to decorate their beloved town with special holiday décor, each one adding a car detail that shows off their unique personalities.
- Two attractions transform for the haul-idays and add to the season’s greetings. Luigi’s Rollickin’ Roadsters becomes Luigi’s Joy to the Whirl and Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree becomes Mater’s Jingle Jamboree.
- Each attraction is enhanced as Mater and Luigi add catchy tunes that bring holiday cheer and encourage sing-a-long moments with classic holiday tunes and Cars Land originals.
- The songs on Mater’s Jingle Jamboree include: “Christmas In Radiator Springs,” “Mater’s Jingle Jamboree,” “Radiator Rockin’ Holiday,” “The Gifts of the Mater” and “Tractors, Tractors, Tractors.”
- On Luigi’s Joy to the Whirl: “We Wish You Season’s Speedings,” “Joy To The Whirl,” “Jolly Joyous Santa Car,” “Carol Of The Horns” and “Jingle Bells.”
Hotels of the Disneyland Resort and Downtown Disney District
- The Hotels of the Disneyland Resort and the Downtown Disney District are spreading holiday cheer by immersing guests in the seasonal style of each location.
- The Downtown Disney District features nightly entertainment throughout the holiday season, from the a cappella carolers, Holiday Harmony, decked in “ugly” holiday sweaters to magicians and other talented artists throughout the promenade. Guests will also enjoy seasonal food and shopping in this location.
- Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel features an underwater-theme with blue, green and silver holiday décor and a shells and starfish garland.
- The midcentury Disneyland Hotel gets a makeover themed to “it’s a small world” Holiday with art on the front doors, lobby wall and pool archway.
- In the lobby at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa, guests will marvel at the 7-foot-tall gingerbread house. It took 600 pounds of powdered sugar, 250 pounds of fondant, one pound of “pixie dust” and a 25-member team to construct this impressive confection.
- Nearly 10,000 poinsettia and 10,000 cyclamen plants add to the seasonal magic.
- Along with the gift of memories to last a lifetime, the Disneyland Resort features more than 150 new holiday gift items that can help fill every holiday wish list.
- Classic holiday merchandise includes apparel, plush, seasonal decorations, ornaments, and Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse-themed items.
- Food and beverage add to the magical storytelling of the season, with classic holiday favorites as well as unique creations that taste as good as they look. Special holiday food items include a Mickey snowman apple, eggnog latte cheesecake, hot chocolate beignets, gingerbread funnel cake fries and a holiday dinner pizza.